In-School Suspension Memo To Educators
1316 Kingsport Road Greensboro, NC 27406 Phone (336) 274 4023 Website: smadaenterprises.com
|To: All Educators and Interested Parties|
From: Billy E. Adams, President, SMADA Enterprises
|Reference: In-School Suspension,
Anti-Weapons and Anti-Violence Curriculum Materials
The recent startling, but tragic, events taking place across our nation involving students carrying and using weapons at schools (recently at Italy High School in Italy, TX, Marshal County High School in Benton, KY, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL, Salvador B. Castro High School in Los Angeles, CA, Murphy High School in Birmingham, AL, Great Mills High Schools in Great Mills, MD, and High Land High School in Palmdale, CA) suggest that no section of our country, no school or school district is immune to "school shootings".
In order to address this grave and hideous problem, SMADA Enterprises has developed In-School Suspension (ISS) and Anti-Weapons/ Anti-Violence Student Orientation Materials for students in grades 6 through 12.
ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II: A SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR TODAY'S IMPERILED YOUTH is designed to treat and correct the behavior of students that are assigned to in-school suspension and after school detention. It may also be used to help students who are at risk of dropping out of school. It addresses anti-social behavior, anti-learning behavior, and unwise decisions to use tobacco, drugs, alcohol, and to engage in teenage sex and other unwise behaviors and habits that cause unfavorable outcomes.
To view the table of contents from ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK I, and ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II, click on the appropriate links from SMADA Enterprises Home Page. Should you determine that our products are needed by your students and faculty, I encourage you to place an order now and do all that you can to keep guns and violence out of your schools.
These Books will show Students the Advantages of using pro-social behavior and the Disadvantages of committing anti-social or criminal acts. These Books also helps to keep Good Students Good!
ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II Contains 100 Pages Of Relevant Insightful Text, Open-Ended AND Thought Provoking Questions. The USE of this Material WILL HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT UPON THE Students who are assigned to in-school suspension and after school detention.
Possible Funding Sources For In-School Suspension Materials
1. School Budget: Each could School allocate enough funds to purchase at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books.
2. PTA donation or sponsorship of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a specified school or school district.
3. Sponsorship by local businesses that the school Teachers and parents do business with. Businesses can
benefit greatly by:
• Sponsoring or donating at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books.
• Then calling a media press conference to reveal their Philanthropic donation to a school or school district on Television,
Radio, and Newspaper as doing their part to prevent School Shootings, School Killings, and School injuries
and grieving parents.
4. Individual Parent Involvement by purchasing an ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II book for each of their children in middle
school and high school.
5. School or PTA Fund Raising Activities.
6. Church Sponsorship of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a specified school or school district.
7. Sports Team Sponsorship of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a school or school district.
8. Private Organizations could sponsor at least 100 ISS STUDENTS HANDBOOK II books for a school or school district.
9. Corporate Sponsorship by large corporations of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a school or school district.
10. Fraternities and Sororites sponsorship of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a school or school district..
11. Individual Philanthropists sponsorship of at least 100 ISS STUDENT HANDBOOK II books for a school or school district.
|Home||In-School Suspension||Educational/Guidance Oriented Posters|